Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Reason to Record Genius

I spend the holidays in the kitchen, cooking. As a matter of fact, when I am not curled up with another amazing book, either on my couch or in a comfy nook at The Strand, all my spare time is spent in the kitchen. Perhaps it is my affinity for warmth, or how my whole apartment becomes saturated with the smell of ginger, or squash or mushrooms frying in butter, or just knowing I have the ability to make a little feast all for myself, or for myself and my best friend, and have a little gourmet picnic on the the floor, that makes me love cooking; but whatever the reason, I do.

But.

I have a real tendency not to use recipes, and I forget how on earth I concocted something that I ended up really loving. This tendency gets both on my nerves and on those of the people I cook for, because I find it very difficult to recreate and/or perfect my recipe if I can't remember what went into it in the first place! And so my resolution is to record my genius...or, lack there of, and so appeareth the blog.

So pardon the absence of a recipe this turn...but from now on out I will only post with recipes, how to make it better (or worse, as the case may be) along with the best way and place to eat. And I hope you all learn along with me, and enjoy being another mad scientist in the kitchen with me.

Yippie-ki-ay...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're a funny one Miss Eliza Jane-

You'll also be proud of me- yesterday it was 12 degrees outside so I refused to venture out- armed with a pumpkin from the holidays and what ever remained in my frig I made the best meal evah: Pumpkin pie with a pecan praline top, Southwestern Pumpkin-Tomato soup and toasted seeds for the movie that night- fantastic! :D

-Rose